Windows VPS provider

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:01 am Advanced search

Hyper-V Introduction & Installation

Updates related to Hyper-V and virtualisation: new staff additions, special events, site maintenance, etc

Hyper-V Introduction & Installation

Postby strawfox » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:37 pm

In this article I'll show you how to install ,configure and install your first virtual machine in the New Technology driven by Microsoft Hyper-V.

Prerequisites:

You will need windows server 2008 64bit which means your processor must support 64 bit operating system "Intel XD bit or AMD NX bit and supports data

execution protection".

Most of us has dual core processor and doesn't know that it can easily support 64 bit but the most important thing when talking about virtualization is does

your processor supports virtualization or unfortunately not to .

You need to test your processor for virtualization support before you can start with this Article, to do this just follow up the next steps.

From Intel web site download and install Intel® Processor Identification Utility

If your results was like mine you are now ready to start with hyper-v

So do hyper-v have more in the box ?

Actually I'll not tell you all the features in this Article at last it still just ignition in your hyper-v start.

But I'll show you the most important feature which based on the Microsoft shadow copy service ,this Feature is virtual machine Snapshots.

Snapshot can easily understood as a full system capturing at a moment ,The very interesting thing that you can have a lot of snapshots and which the virtual

machine can be a windows clean installation in one of them and domain controller in other one and then it's exchange server at the last one.

You can navigate between these snapshots easily and faster than you can imagine

Now it's time to let you see this by example.

The next photo shows you how to centralize the snapshots location for the working virtual machine.

Well, the example will base on two folders first will create folder1 then will take a snapshot for the virtual machine and then will create the folder2 and apply

the snapshot.

As you saw in this example the snapshot applied successfully and the folder2 deleted from the desktop ,This process takes 3 seconds which is traffic.

I'll let you think about the benefits you can get from a feature like this.

This technology is fully integrated with your windows networking and can be monitored through system center virtual machine manager.
strawfox

Re: Hyper-V Introduction & Installation

Postby regrox » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 pm

As far as i know, micorosoft has built it perfectly but it has some requirements. MS Servers running from Hyper-V till a very long time. But I could't give it a try
regrox

Re: Hyper-V Introduction & Installation

Postby nganndt0409 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks so much. :)
nganndt0409

• Advertisement

Return to Announcements